Friday, July 16, 2010

The Goings On in Grand Rapids

Last night I got to present to a group of triathletes at the Striders running store.  It was great to be able to try to answer peoples questions on training and recovery.  Hopefully everyone took away one nugget that will help their summer go a little better in terms of training and performance.  Many were looking forward to doing there first 1/2 ironman, with a few getting ready to do one of the big ones later in the year.

After I headed over to see Matisyahu in concert at the Intersection.  I've been wanting to see him for quite some time.  He put on a great show.

Tonight I head to Holland, MI to hear Dean Karnazes speak.  The ultramarathon man.  50 Marathons in 50 days in 50 states.  Should be interesting.  Think he has any recovery tricks or is just a freak of nature?  I'm guessing a little of both.

Saturday is Rock Hard Rugby 7's tournament here in Grand Rapids.  The boys have been training hard here at the Train Out Pain Gym on Monday nights.  Hopefully they can put up a great showing.  I here there may be 60 teams in attendance.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: